Position: Training officers
Background: Our Client is a world-class beauty outlet with modern day beauty technology. Our Client is seeking to engage Training officers. The Training officers have the duty of managing the learning and professional development of an organisation's workforce. They assess the training needs of the employees, facilitate schemes and arrange training days. Training officers can be self-employed but typically work as part of an internal department, in both public and private sectors.
Training Officer will handle the learning and professional development of an organisation's workforce. They can also be known as learning and development officers.
Training Officer will equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks. Training officers either deliver the training themselves or arrange for a third party trainer to do it.
Training Officer will help with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees' skills, enabling them to fulfil their potential within their organisation. Increasingly, training and development officers are required to be strategic rather than reactive, assessing the skills and knowledge within an organisation and determining what training is needed to grow and retain these skills.
Training Officer is to ensure the staff, consumers and customers are well educated about products content, quality, performance, and its use and value offerings. He/ She will do this through regular research, education, training and publications on a daily basis. They are charged with the development of the Academy and will work towards undertaking profitable training session on a monthly basis..
S/He must have detailed oversight and knowledge of product life cycle, type and contents /value offering of all products assigned to it. Expertise with content development, teaching skills, good command of English language and ability to relate products with trends and events in Nigeria/ globally is required. A certificate and proof of expertise is required for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff , consumer and client training
- Developing HR training and development strategies with line managers by considering immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with line managers.
- Planning, directing and delivering training and development programmes including staff inductions, to accomplish the organisation’s goals.
- Training by Manufacturers
- Attending beauty shows and exhibitions
- Content contribution to relevant media Channels
- Liaising with Brand and manufacturer to support marketing efforts and access their STP sites to align communication but adapt it to work for Africa.
- Promoting and marketing the business
- Ensure a vibrant and motivated team
- Complies to Employee Handbook policies and procedures
- Researches and analyses market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies
- Adjusts marketing campaigns and strategies as needed in response to collected data and other feedback
- Ensures profitable monthly targeted training sessions.
- Develops quarterly training Plan.
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met;
- Evaluating training and development programmes;
- Amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
- Helping line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups;
- Keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses;
- Having an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages;
- Researching new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research.
Minimum Qualification: Abilities, Knowledge and Skills.
- Degree in Business, Economics, Law, Management, Psychology, Public administration, Social studies, Teaching.
- Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to deliver programmes to a high quality.
- Business awareness and commercially focused.
- Leadership and strong management skills.
- Ability to devise solutions to complex problems.
- Energy and enthusiasm to motivate and engage others.
- Personally credible with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong influence and negotiation skills.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Excellent Graphic skills using multiple software will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent organisational skills
- Integrity and approachability
- Ability to work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Good timekeeping skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Very Good command of English Language.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Work with the highest standards and practices of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to multi task.
- Determination- you may need to get a job done with little time.
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to delegate when necessary.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where applicable).
- Ability to interpret guidelines and analyze factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances
Salary, Benefit and Conditions:
- Salary is competitive depending on qualification and experience.
- Medical Plan excluding Dental and Vision Care according to the Companies medical plan for all staff.
Job Location: Lagos
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply online by clicking the link below and following the instructions.
Based on Client’s equal opportunity policy, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.