INTERNATIONAL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY DRIVERS
Experienced Drivers are urgently needed for immediate employment in an International Construction Company based in Abuja with branch office in Lafia, Nassarawa State. Candidates for this job must have minimum of 5 years’ experience in driving within Abuja and interstate roads. The candidate must have good knowledge of road network, willing to work in Abuja with occasional trips to Lafia, Nassarawa State and other locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To undertake this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform these essential duties satisfactorily:
- Transport employees and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensures vehicle is in proper functional and safe condition prior to use. Reports any damages or mechanical malfunctions and provides recommendations for repairs.
- Observes traffic rules and regulations and maximum speed limits prescribed.
- Keeps assigned vehicles clean, free from damage, and in acceptable condition consistently.
- Maintains schedules of pick-up and drop-off assignments.
- Maintains a professional and friendly approach to management, supervisors and colleagues.
- Ensures compliance with company regulations and established internal policies and guidelines.
- Reports all safety, security and driving incidents to supervisor immediately, where possible.
- Ensures that all relevant notification procedures are followed in the event of absence from work.
- Reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Must possess minimum of Secondary School Certificate (WAEC).
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must have excellent experience driving on interstate roads and familiar with driving within Abuja.
- Must have good spoken and written knowledge of English language
- High level of responsibility.
- Must have accident-free record.
- Willingness to travel at short notice within and outside Abuja.
- Must not indulge in alcoholic consumption of any type and substances prohibited by law, e.g, Indian hemp, etc.
Note: Overtime and weekend work is highly possible in order to perform the essential functions of the position. (Overtime will be remunerated for separately).
Salaries are attractive and negotiable.
METHOD OF APPLICATION